Saturday, February 11, 2012

Nighttime Nocturnes

The Chiang Mai Night Safari was incredible. I hadn't accounted for the fact that I'd see so many animals other than the ones that I've seen a million times at the Philadelphia Zoo. Mouse Deer, Squirrel Monkey, White Rhinoceros, Flying Squirrel, Brazilian Tapir, Leopard Cat, Clouded Leopard, and Pygmy Hippos, were among some of my favorites. I even saw a little Meerkat Timón!
Having the opportunity to hold and feed a White Tiger cup was exhilarating to say the least. Notice how he's holding my hand with his huge paw. I can still feel his body heat on my thigh. Wow.
The more ferocious of the cats such as the Lions, Cheetah, Bengal Tigers, Jaguar, were awesome. I'll never forget when the Giraffe stuck his huge head right into the tram in order to collect his carrots and bananas right from our hands. It was a well-designed and maintained facility and it was pretty easy to access ... only about thirty minutes outside of the city. If I had the chance, I would definitely do it again.

1 comment:

  1. Still feeling his body heat ... that was figurative. But I just noticed that I literally do still have little white cat hairs all over the front of my jacket!

    ReplyDelete