Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My very own treehouse ... for a night

I did ultimately make it to my destination: The Pai Treehouse Resort. It's true: on Saturday night I slept in a tree. This resort offers several different bungalows and three of them have been constructed directly into the structure of a beautiful tree. It was phenomenal. I slept, showered, and even used the toilet … all up in a tree. Of the three tree-housed bungalows, I booked early in order to reserve the tallest unit. It was certainly roughing it a bit. But armed with lots of blankets and lots of insect repellant, I was able to soak up all that nature had to offer. It was pure bliss the entire time. I spoke to my niece on her sixth birthday last Saturday and it completely blew her mind that it was daytime where she was and nighttime for me, on the other side of the world. I was hoping to do another iPhone FaceTime session with her while up in my tree but the WiFi connection wasn't so great. She would have loved the treehouse. What can I say … I had a toilet, hot water, and bed in the tree. We'll have to improve the quality of that wireless connection before I visit again.

1 comment: