Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pure Radiance

On my way to the temple, I stopped off to see Monthathan Falls … the first true waterfall that I've ever seen. [A few years ago, I hiked for a while in order to reach a waterfall but the combination of my inappropriate footwear and my time constraints prevented me from reaching the pot of gold.] It was so peaceful to be there so early in the morning, all alone, marveling at the serenity of the moment.
From there, I ventured to Radiance Restaurant, which is known as one of the best vegetarian places in the region. The setting was lovely and the food was fresh. I was able to add two more Thai dishes to my repertoire: Yum Ma Khua Yao [Spicy Thai Eggplant Salad with Thai Spicy Sauce] and Yum Ma Khua Yao & Phad Kha Phao [Stir-fried hot basil with Veggies.] After lunch, Google Maps led me down some pretty horrific "roads" before finding my way to Wat Takham. Once there though, I didn't stay long for fear that I was at risk of being attacked by two angry dogs. The incessant barking of the one dog seemed to be a signal that back-up was needed. When his other vicious doggie friend arrived, that's when I decided that it was time to bolt. But I managed to snap a few quick shots before fleeing the scene. There have been a couple of times that I've been frightened while traveling alone and both times involved angry dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment